Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Cheap Seats

We found a dollar theater near us. Well, not technically a Dollar theater, since it cost $1.25 matinee, $1.75 evenings, and $2 weekend nights. Dollar Theater is easier than saying "The not quite 2 dollar theater unless its a weekend night". Guess we could call it the two Dollar theater, but then it just wouldn't seem as cheap! So, Dollar theater its been named.

We took the kids to see Highschool Musical on Sunday. All of them. Even the 12 year old that should have been interested in going, but complained the whole way that we were seeing "THAT" movie. Whats up with that? I know he wants to see it, but I'm not suppose to know he wants to see it? And he's got to make sure I don't know he wants to see it by telling my a hundred different times how he just doesn't want to see "THAT" movie. This is the same kid who asked over and over to go see Twilight, after reading the book. When I finally was able to take him, he acted NON excited (you know the over fake lack of interest that really means they are interested) and slumped down in his movie seat and grumbled a lot through out the movie. Granted, the place was packed with giggling teenage girls, and they were highly distracting even for me (I think I laughed at them more than I did the movie!).. but still... those weren't "Cheap seats" buddy!

We let him sit where ever he wanted to... but he chose just one row from us. The kids did their best to bug him.. but I think he was paying more attention to the movie than he wanted to let on, cause they would always come over and say "Dylan not listening to me" AH HA! Caught you buddy! I think I even saw his head swaying to the music a few times, too!

The little ones loved the movie. They danced in their seats, and even in front of us in a small open handicap section. Baby Girl showed off some cool new dance moves. The Twins hopped up and down, not quite to the beat, but good enough! It was a blast! And as we were walking out of the theater, I noticed a smile. On Dylan's face. And I thought to myself... those were the best Cheap Seats I've ever bought!

3 comments:

Azrood said...

ROFL! Ahhh, life with a teenager. I completely dread those years and lucky for me I have a few more years to go before all the drama sets in. :)

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. my son is 13 and he is the exact same way. Is there a teenager class where they pull them aside and explain the new behaviors to them?

Lori said...

Ur already rocking this blog thing! Next summer whern the seats are free for 6 weeks we gotta go together!